Contact: webmaster

From: Matt Frazier (mfrazier, cryptofreak dot org)
Date: 2001.03.08 - 19.09 MST

Arbitrarily, I split this up (based on Geoff's analysis)

ónc*c²“W0ªd
ónc*c²“W6”d
Y\¥&Æ~ö77˜²
Ynb¾ÆXßKMز
ìŽ[_Ù¬-)Àd
ª*¢¾Æ²†AHÒd
ínjÌqUí*“­«Ö–•YÖV‹O™ª9«Ê³Ê²
ÃUÙýY[®šÆ[6½ÑÁ¯žÖ–ÁYr6«Oµ¶Y[VfƲ
֝Mã8V’Ï²
œKOJ6Yz^j_qp

Now, considering the problem suggests some error-handling hardware-type correction, we could presume that the first two 11-byte sequences are a handshake of some kind.  The 'd' and '²' values may be arbitrarily spaced, but they seem like as good a point as any to note as end-of-packets (for the sake of analysis).

I'm just talkin' out loud at this point.

Secondly, consider the 0xff terminator -- does this give us any help on what proto it may be using?  Can we compare that at all with the 0xf3 preamble?  Is that even a preamble?  Can we presume this is both sides of the communication, or that it's just one end?  (The source is not specific -- 'tapped off an unprotected modem connection' may mean full or half duplex.)

Just throwin' out ideas, still working on that actual thinking thing.

Matt