Contact: webmaster

From: Geoff Dalgas (gdalgas, idcomm dot com)
Date: 2001.03.09 - 20.40 MST

My question is - why in the world would ANYONE use 2 stop bits.

http://www.yale.edu/pclt/COMISDN/STRTSTOP.HTM

"What is the right number of Stop Bits? Well, if you have a Teletype Model
33, the right answer is 2. If you have a Teletype Model 35, the right answer
is 1.5. However, no device built in the last 20 years has needed more than 1
stop bit. "

-Geoff