Contact: webmaster

From: Michael Dwyer (mdwyer, timestreamtech dot com)
Date: 2001.03.08 - 21.21 MST

My note obviously pisses off Yahoo Mail significantly, and the archives
eat my carefully constructed ascii art.  Oh well...

Anyway, I made a mistake -- you sample every /other/ zero crossing.
Okay, so follow me on this one:

The first pixel is the zero-crossing between ...ahem... tits.  It is
rising. (+) The next time it touches zero is where the phase shifts
(actually, the whole polarity, but I digress).  The next zero crossing
is when the signal is falling. (-).  Next is a little tit, then a
rising signal (+).

+-+  or 101  or 010.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Now I just don't want to
transcribe it...