Contact: webmaster

From: Geoff Dalgas (gdalgas, idcomm dot com)
Date: 2001.03.10 - 09.25 MST

http://www.webclasses.net/3ComU/wans/units/unit02/sec04b.html

I am not convinced that we have a good translation from the picture, to binary yet.  Using the attached picture as a reference, you can clearly see that the divisions in the picture that some of use have made may be wrong.

Matt Frazier made a translation to meta - which is almost correct.  I believe this is going to be the easiest way to map to our 1's and 0's.

Matt did a good job of accuratly describing the picture using his own meta scheme.  The trouble with Matt's meta map is that it is describing bits on the bit divisions.  So somehow we have to take the descriptions of what we have described and turn it into binary.  I think I have created an accurate key that can be used.

So what of all of this?  I'm not quite sure yet...

Geoff